Thursday, 31 October 2013

Chile Photo Diary.

Though my day trip to Arica, Chile was over before I could believe it, I still had the chance to take a few snaps of my surroundings. The majority of our day was taken up by sitting in immigration for hours, trying to cross the border from Peru, we still had the chance to have a delicious lunch by the seaside (where I had the most devine chocolate mousse ever), have a look over the city from the famous 'Cerro de Arica', gatecrash a Disney street parade, and meander through the markets, but not before eating the most delicious gelato and getting thoroughly confused by the incredibly overvalued currency (I'm not even kidding, the gelato cost $1900 pesos).

I wish I'd had longer over the border to explore a little more, because I was surprised by just the amount of cultural difference within a 50km radius of the Peruvian border, especially as Arica used to belong to Peru. I hate to say it, by Chile may have stolen my heart a little bit. I'll go back there someday soon, I'm sure.






Chicken enchilada with beans and golf sauce.

Mixed seafood empanadas.

Chilean ceviche (raw seafood with drizzled lime over the top), was not good at all, Peruvian ceviche is still the best!

Clam chowder-ish dish with mashed potato, was delicioso!












 Photos by me, Tami.

No comments:

Post a Comment